Planning your special day can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a lot of work. There are a few pitfalls that you can potentially fall into when you are planning your wedding at Carden Park near Chester. Here are some of the big mistakes that you should do your best to avoid during wedding planning.
- Don’t try to do everything yourself. You are only one person and it’s impossible to expect that you can achieve a superhuman task like planning an entire wedding on your own. Your friends will likely offer to help you and you should take them up on their offer.
- Don’t have a cash bar. It’s your special day and people want to be able to indulge themselves and let the good times roll. If they have to shell out for every drink this will start to put a damper on the fun and people might go home early. Negotiate a good deal for an open bar and let everyone enjoy themselves to the fullest.
- Don’t take your bridesmaids for granted. They will be doing a lot to help you, so make sure that they feel like you really appreciate what they are doing. You might even want to give them a little gift as a token of your appreciation.
- Don’t bow to peer pressure. Don’t feel like you have to have your wedding a certain way because that is the common way that everyone does it. If you want your wedding to be slightly different and unique then go for it! It’s your special day – so why not make it reflect who you are?
- Don’t get too hung up on having a specific type of flower at your wedding. If you are flexible and you can choose something that is seasonal then you will be able to get your flowers a lot cheaper.
- Don’t tell everyone about all the details of your wedding in advance. If you spill the beans about everything that you will be doing, there will be no surprises on the special day. So, if you are planning to do something special, like changing your dress or dancing to a special song, leave it as a surprise on the day.
- Don’t start getting ready too late. If you wait until only a few hours before your wedding to get started on your hair and makeup, you will be cutting things too close. If something goes wrong or things get delayed, you will find yourself scrambling at the last minute. The last thing you want is to be stressed out on your wedding day, so leave yourself lots of time to get ready so that you can do so in a leisurely manner.
- Don’t forget to leave enough time for photos. Again, you don’t want to be rushed and stressed on your wedding day. If you are trying to speed through your photos you will not look relaxed and happy and you won’t be able to capture the poses that you want. Give your photographer enough time to capture the vibe of the wedding and get some wonderful, happy and relaxed smiles from you and your partner. Also, try taking the photos in different areas around your wedding venue near Chester, so that you can capture a different mood.
- Don’t be inconsistent with your Plus One policy. You should have a clear rule and stick to it – otherwise your guests will start to think that you are being unfair. The best rule is to allow everyone to bring a date, even your single bridesmaids or groomsmen. You don’t want to limit this to only people who are in serious relationships, as your friends who are in new relationships might feel left out if they cannot bring their partner to a wedding.
- Don’t just skim over the contract with the wedding venue – make sure that you read it properly. If you miss something important in the fine print, you might find yourself left high and dry later. Always read it carefully and if you don’t understand something you can always ask for clarification.
These are just a few of the important dos and don’ts that you should keep in mind when you are planning your wedding. The process can be time consuming and a bit complicated, but when you get it right you will have the most wonderful and memorable day of your life.